Saturday 11 July 2015

July 11th

A couple of days ago I fell getting onto the train. A young woman offered to help me get up but though feeling bruised I brushed her offer aside because I was feeling so embarrassed. A little later I tripped again getting onto my local bus. I'm assuming this is just another sign of ageing, becoming clumsy. I already hang onto handrails whenever I go downstairs.
What I've also noticed that when the wrong word comes out of my mouth - yesterday for example I wanted to say cackle but treacle appeared instead - that the wrong word is very close either in spelling, location, or meaning to the desired word. Therefore I might say fridge when I mean cooker as often happens or call my daughter by her mother's name. It as if the memory searches for the right word in a filing cabinet but just misses and chooses another one that is close by instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment